Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is the use of hormones to help resolve symptoms related to hormonal imbalance or decline in hormone production in men and women.
Almost all women over the age of 40 begin to experience hormone imbalance. There is a natural decline in hormone production with age. Production declines by 50% by age 50. There are also lifestyle and environmental factors that may accelerate that decline.
As we age, we start to experience a multitude of symptoms that are a result of a decrease in our natural hormone production and levels. Women each have their own set of issues that can result from hormone deterioration and imbalance.
• Customized, medically supervised program Bio-Identical Hormones for men and women.
• In house blood testing and blood level analysis
• Replenishment of hormones to optimal levels for symptom control and disease protection
• You get access to a highly-trained provider
• Comprehensive hormone testing and thorough analysis of lab results
• Pharmacy-grade supplements, and guidance throughout your process.
Our hormone treatments are called “bio-identical” because the types of hormones we use are chemically identical to those produced by the human body. Natural hormones used in BHRT are derived from products like plants and animal sources, rather than being created synthetically in a lab. To learn more about specifics by gender, click the links below:
This Procedure Can Treat
• Difficulty sleeping at night
• Decreased muscle strength and mass
• Reduced sexual desire and function
• Exhaustion, low energy and fatigue
• Weight gain, particularly around the stomach and midsection area.
• Thinning hair
• Reduced mental clarity and difficulty concentrating/memory loss
• Loss of confidence
• Mood swings
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, your hormones may be out of balance:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Memory loss
- Weight gain
- Low Libido
- Vaginal dryness
- Frequent urinary tract infections
It may be a hormonal imbalance.
Millions of women in the United States are suffering from hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance affects millions of women in the United States. Conditions, such as perimenopause, menopause, thyroid dysfunction, and hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) are linked to out-of-balance hormones. The symptoms of hormonal imbalance can be life-altering. From mood swings and insomnia to weight gain and hair loss, women suffering from symptoms of hormone imbalance can find relief. Better yet, women can experience better health and a higher quality of life when hormone balance is safely and effectively restored with bio-identical hormone therapy from a qualified practitioner specializing hormone replacement therapy.
Since 2010, more than 10 major medical organizations have come forward to endorse menopausal hormone therapy, heralding it as the best treatment for menopause. Yet, many doctors still side step the therapy citing dangerous side effects and risk of disease. This fear began in 2002 when the widely-publicized Women’s Health Initiative (WHI)—the largest study1 ever conducted on the effects of hormone therapy—was halted because female subjects were falling ill. The study has since been reviewed and analyzed by experts nationwide, finding that the study’s design and methods were faulty and that the use of synthetic hormones—synthetic estrogen and progestin (synthetic progesterone) were largely to blame.
Since then, reviews of the WHI have opened the eyes of the medical community and led many to seek more effective treatments for menopause. Physicians specializing in hormone health realized that bio-identical hormones, which are a structural match to the hormones found in the human body, reduced or eliminated symptoms of menopause, while improving safety and effectiveness.
- One of the first signs of hormonal imbalance.
- Mistaken for menopause
- Hot flashes, night sweats, trouble sleeping, weight gain
- Connected to your stress level
- Progesterone and testosterone start to drop in the 40’s, sometimes earlier.
- Connected to stress, lifestyle issues and environmental toxins
RMD provides customized and medically-supervised program includes natural HRT for women. We use blood levels to guide us to the replenishment of hormones to optimal levels for symptom control and disease protection.
- Menopause is medically defined when a woman ceases to menstruate for a period of 12 months.
- Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone decline
- Natural cycle of life
- Starts earlier now with more pronounced symptoms due to increase:
- Increase demands
- Exposure to toxins
The good news is that hormone losses and imbalances are correctible. Through the use of bioidentical hormones, women can be relieved of the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. With the restoration of hormonal balance, they can effectively protect themselves against osteoporosis and heart disease; and, through supervised treatment with natural hormone replacement therapy, RMD can guide you to feel the best version of yourself.